New Direct Debit Payment Options for CLT Scotland Members
With our new direct debit payment options available from as little as £12.50 + VAT per month it's never been easier to manage your training budget with us. Choose to pay by monthly, quarterly or annual instalments for complete flexibility and rest assured that all payments are interest free. Sign up to a direct debit plan before the 31st December to receive a special £50 + VAT discount from your membership fee. For further information about our member benefits or to sign up today please visit our membership page.
Plan for 2013 – invest in your firm, invest in your future - paralegal qualifications from CLT & the University of Strathclyde
The University of Strathclyde and CLT are celebrating another fantastic year for paralegals in Scotland. The profession is developing, recognising the integral role played in the delivery of legal services by paralegals in Scotland.
There have been a number of highlights in 2012:
- The rise and rise of the Law Society of Scotland Registered Paralegal Scheme – new domain areas of practice available and an increasing number of formally Registered Paralegals
- Record attendance at the annual conference for the Scottish Paralegal Association, the professional body for paralegals in Scotland
- Valerie Troop of Scullion Law, graduate of the Specialist Paralegal Qualification in Civil Court Practice, winner of the Paralegal of the Year category at the Scott & Co Legal Awards
- Claire Corbin, MBM Commercial, graduate of the Specialist Paralegal Qualification in Company Law, winner of the Paralegal of the Year Category at the Law Awards of Scotland
- Consultation launched on new Modern Legal Apprenticeships to promote the paralegal career path and investment in the future of the paralegal profession
- The successful launch of CLT’s online paralegal CPD scheme with our seminal event, Essential Ethics for Paralegals
CLT and the University of Strathclyde – newly crowned University of the Year 2012 at the Times Higher Education Awards – would like to continue to work with the Scottish legal profession to provide the highest level of professional qualifications for paralegals and support staff.
Qualified paralegals reduce risk, enhance client care and increase the fee earning potential of firms and organisations throughout the public and private sector nationwide.
The paralegal programme is tutored by expert practitioners, via flexible distance learning, complimented by comprehensive hard copy manuals, with a dedicated academic support team.
Qualifications are offered across eleven practice subject specific practice areas.
Over the last two decades, the University of Strathclyde and CLT partnership has enabled more than 7,000 legal professionals to attain qualifications in their specialist area.
Contact Melanie Morrison, either by email at email@example.com or by phone on 0141 225 6706, to consult on your paralegal training requirements.